Our tiny little front porch is sinking into the ground. I’m sure it’s nothing a mud jacking wouldn’t fix, but that costs quite a bit of money. I really just wanted to do something that would make it a little more awesome and a little less “holy moly, the house is sinking!” I’m not sure if this will really distract from the crookedness that is our front porch, but it sure looks neat!
When I first told Jeff I wanted to paint the front porch, he looked at me sideways and then said “Ok, I trust your judgement”. He thought it was a crazy idea, but it was something I saw on pinterest and I was dying to try it! And since I already ad some leftover black paint, this was a free project. I used black exterior paint and after a I get the desired “wear”, I’ll seal it with a coat of polyurethane.
First I had to tape off my diamonds and a border. I ran out of painters tape and, in an effort to keep this project free, I continued taping with packing tape. I would not recommend using packing tape, especially if you are like me and you decided not to measure and mark your pattern. I’m really great at eyeballing, but not so much when the tape I’m working with is clear…I am ok with all of the uneven lines because I was going for an imperfect look anyway, and I wanted this to be a fast project. It took only 2 1/2 hours.
I’m really happy with the way it turned out. Just a little touch of character added for $0! (and yes, yes I have begun to decorate for Christmas already…don’t judge me)